Deltec Bank & Trust Ltd. is a leading financial hub for global investors, financiers and entrepreneurs. The private and corporate bank offers its clients a unique suite of bespoke financial solutions, institutional expertise and highly attentive service with an aim toward creating a network of opportunities to enhance client wealth. Deltec Bank & Trust Ltd. is the flagship company of the Deltec International Group, a diversified independent financial services group providing a range of financial services including fund administration, corporate advisory, merchant banking, global insurance and digital asset solutions.
Founded in 1959, Deltec draws upon the collective experience of more than 150 professionals. These specialists come from a wide array of backgrounds, including private bankers and investment advisors, trust officers, lawyers and certified public accountants, many of whom have previously worked at some of the world’s largest and most prestigious financial institutions. Deltec specializes in providing its clients with private banking and fiduciary expertise, fund administration, investment management solutions, digital asset financial services, insurance, and corporate and merchant banking capabilities.
Following the purchase of Société Generale’s private banking business in The Bahamas in 2016, Deltec has seen its group-wide assets under management, administration and custody rise to over $12 billion, as of late 2019 (http://nnw.fm/n0YQx).
Deltec Bank has received a number of accolades throughout its lengthy history, most recently being named the ‘Best Private Bank in the Caribbean 2020’ by Global Banking and Finance Review (http://nnw.fm/jx4rS), an award which it also won in 2015. The company was recognized for its outstanding performance and achievements, scoring particularly highly in the following categories:
- Strong client relations with personal and client-focused services;
- Highly personalized and innovative products and services; and
- Continued commitment to providing clients with the best possible financial solutions.
Opportunity within Fintech
Remarkably for a private bank, Deltec Bank & Trust has historically been at the forefront of the digital banking and fintech revolution within the financial services industry. Deltec has also gained renown for its annual conference, with the latest iteration focusing on disruption with financial services (http://nnw.fm/3m0kX). Hosting over 300 delegates, including the Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Finance of The Bahamas, the conference featured ‘The Innovator’s Marketplace’, a forum providing an opportunity for emerging companies in biotech/life sciences, virtual reality, blockchain, fintech, quantum computing and other cutting-edge industries to pitch their ideas to investors and attendees in 45-minute presentations.
Engagement with the Community
Deltec Bank has long held strong ties within the local community in The Bahamas through its Deltec Initiatives Foundation, which was designed to foster an environment that empowers young Bahamians to drive positive social impact through the power of arts, entrepreneurship and education.
Since 2013, the foundation has discovered, launched and mentored many talented, motivated and driven Bahamian artists, artisans and entrepreneurs. The Deltec Initiatives Foundation comprises three pillars: The Initiative for the Arts, The Initiative for Young Entrepreneurs and The Initiative for Scholarship & Education.
Expert Team of Professionals
Jean Chalopin, chairman of Deltec International Group, is a global business leader with a remarkably diverse background encompassing several industries, including banking, wealth management, biotechnologies and entertainment.
Odetta Morton, CEO of Deltec Bank & Trust, is a seasoned banker and CPA with over 20 years of experience in the financial services sector, including financial management, shareholder relations, business leadership and corporate strategy.
Gregory Pepin, Deputy CEO of Deltec Bank & Trust, is an expert financial strategist with vast experience in blockchain technology, investments, wealth management and insurance.
Fabio Gama, Chief Operating Office of Deltec Bank & Trust, has 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry, Fabio has been directly responsible for operations, IT, facilities and procurement. He is an expert in developing teams and has a proven track record for supporting business needs.
Tanya Carey, Chief Financial Officer of Deltec Bank & Trust, is a resourceful finance professional and licensed CPA with over 20 years of experience in financial services and solid industry and regulatory knowledge.
Terry Girling, Chief Administrative Officer of Deltec Bank & Trust, is a senior executive, chartered accountant and banking professional with over 40 years of experience in the finance and banking sectors. Girling is experienced in all facets of banking, including accounting, compliance, operations, technology, fund administration, trust administration and human resources.
Hugo Rogers, Chief Investment Officer of Deltec Bank & Trust, is a multi-asset investment and award-winning global equity and hedge fund manager. He has actively managed investments for over 15 years. He is also a CFA Charterholder with a master’s degree from Oxford University.
- Deltec Bank & Trust is a key player within the financial services community in The Bahamas, where financial services revenues account for over 17% of GDP.
- The Bahamas has recently taken strides to promote its financial services industry on a global stage, with the European Union reaffirming the nation’s compliance with its strict criteria in early 2020. Today, there are approximately 700 funds licensed in the Bahamas, with assets under management totaling over $200 billion.
- Deltec Bank has witnessed a dramatic increase in growth, with assets under management growing nearly 12-fold between 2003 and 2019. In 2016, Deltec purchased the Bahamas-based private banking operations of French megabank Société Generale.
- In addition to traditional financial services, Deltec Bank has focused itself on partaking in the ongoing fintech revolution – hosting annual conferences for its clients showcasing emerging companies across a wide variety of industries, publishing research into the newest trends within finance and introducing its customers to unique investment opportunities within both public equity and private markets.
- Deltec Bank was recently named the ‘Best Private Bank in the Caribbean 2020’ by Global Banking and Finance Review, an award which it also won in 2015.